View Single Post

Thread: Dust of Dryness Goes Nuclear

1. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Dust of Dryness Goes Nuclear

I prefer to make it clear that while the outward appearance is pretty Earth-like, the actual underpinnings are very different. Basically, the physical laws are more like "what if medieval alchemists were mostly right?" Everything they could directly observe/understand works right how they'd expect it to. But anything requiring even 17th century knowledge and tools? Hah. No.

There are no atoms. No molecules. No conservation laws. No photosynthesis. Light is not a particle or a wave. In fact, there is such a thing as darkness, not just the absence of light. All those cycles so necessary for life? They're under the direct supervision of the elementals, that being their role in the planar economy.

At the level you can interact with it as a character without beaching the 4th wall, everything is normal. Try to metagame your half remembered physics classes into the game and it won't work out well.

Side note, I have a phd in quantum chemistry and taught both physics and chemistry class at high school and university level. So yeah. I don't want to have to hear you butcher things. Nor do I want to kill cat girls.
    Last edited by PhoenixPhyre; 2020-12-26 at 12:29 AM.