Quote Originally Posted by Satinavian View Post
How do you arrange dynastixally relevant marriages without knowing the sex of a person ? Gender is not a concern when deciding where someone can fit in a family tree. Sex is.
I think other people addressed this already. But if you really wanna guarantee biological children, there're a wide array of concepts that you'd want to appeal to other than "sex," which is, again, incoherent. "Fertility" is probably an important premise. "Genitalia," perhaps.
Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
Could you please elaborate on this? I am having trouble parsing that sentence.
It's common for people to refer to a sex/gender distinction. Hence strings like: "her gender is female and her biological sex is male." But it's hard to make sense of this in any literal way:

(1.) What does "sex" refer to? If it refers to a set of biological traits, then what is the sex of an individual who only has a proper subset of said traits? What exactly are the biological traits that separate the sexes?

(2.) How useful is the concept of "sex" for humans?

(3.) How do you distinguish between "gender" and "sex" in any clear-cut way?

There's also the problem of transmisogyny and transphobia. Calling someone biologically x whose gender is y is obviously not a great thing.
Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
No idea. I could come up with a lot of guesses, but I was far too embarrassed to actually ask at the time and instead ghosted the whole group.
I would probably leave too, actually. It's a lil bit of an alarm bell re: the group.