Indeed, and my understanding was that the conventional wisdom regarding fighting Daemons regardless of edition was "DON'T." That they were deliberately too powerful for even a well-equipped and experienced party to handle (dragons are like that too), and should be treated more like a puzzle to solve or an obstacle to avoid.

What I'm sort of looking for is information on what Talents and stuff are sort of the best "bang-for-your-buck" in terms of XP spent. For instance, in another thread I asked what Winds of Magic would be "least risky" in terms of ease of learning and minimizing catastrophic magical mishaps, and was informed that Bright Magic and Gold Magic were my best bets, while Jade, which I was initially looking at, was not only hard to cast effectively, but also that its damaging spells remove conditions like Fatigued and Bleeding, which can actually make fights HARDER as those conditions are great equalizers if you can inflict them on your enemies. That was extremely helpful advice, and I'm looking for more of it so I know what I'm doing with character building instead of just picking what seems most kewl for roleplaying and end up making an unfixable mistake...