Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I can't tell if this is intentional or just sloppy editing. It could be no one stopped to think "okay, but what if a green mage casts Bolt on an enemy?". Especially giving all the other stuff I've heard. That said, if you like Jade magic, I don't know if I'd be put off by that alone.
I'm inclined to say it's fairly intentional; pretty sure that the various magical Lores aren't intended to be equal in all areas. Yeah, so, throwing offensive magic around as a Jade wizard isn't a great idea - but your allies will love you for your defensive magic that removes Bleed and Fatigue on them, as well as whatever other bonus effects it has. Whereas they're going to be just a smidge annoyed that the Bright wizard set them on fire trying to give them magic armour. Or the light wizard blinding them while enchanting a sword.

It's always worth remembering, too, that Warhammer Fantasy has never gone for strict combat balance in the way that D&D tries to. It shoots more for campaign balance; if you can't contribute much in combat, you can almost certainly contribute lots out of combat while the party's main fighters are a lot less helpful - and combat isn't the focus of the system by any means, not least because if you try to dungeon crawl everyone just dies messily and quickly.