Quote Originally Posted by Vrock Bait View Post
Ah, no worries, I gaze in undisguised jealousy at the prodigies in the LA Assignment Thread. It happens.
I love that thread so much, but I wish I could just glance at a monster and know how balanced it is like they can.

Learning more about your campaign setting, Drive of Strength doesnít seem as bad. Low-level mishmash like the zombies shouldnít be much trouble with 3.5eís broken mechanics, even in hordes. Unless the zombies can infect people, of course. Then it becomes a serious problem again.

Though there is the issue of a GM trying to get people to move along instead of drudging up sessions with lengthy fight scenes. I donít think thatís necessarily an issue, though, hearing your intentions with this homebrew.
Yeah, like 99% of humanity was turned into zombies and the rest got access to the CYOA and gained a class, perks, and possibly a new race.

Seems ok if itís all zombies, actually. Zombies have pitiful WIS. Might be an issue with hostile survivors though, but I donít see that as necessarily a bad thing. I honestly think it might be better to maybe tone down the ability and the nerfs? A lot of 3.x high LA races have this issue where theyíre extremely powerful in one very specific way so get nerfed to the Abyss and back for it. Usually they have this issue where theyíre insanely good for that one specific build type and completely incompetent at everything else. Dunno, your choice, maybe you want a highly specialized race, most people donít think itís as bad a thing as I do.
Fair enough. I think I'll keep them specialized though since they're already a niche pick in the CYOA, just tone down the nerfs a lot for these guys.

Sounds cool, thanks for the information. I assume youíre refluffing the raptorans or using a template for the avians?
Strangely enough, I already have a race that fits almost perfectly with the Avians. Sky-Borne Humans AKA The Ultimate Wing Men