After the monotony of the last leg of the trip and the sheer tedium of the wait at the city gates, Jan darts as fast as her tiny legs will take her into the Free City. She seems simultaneously drawn to and repulsed by the gamut of sounds, smells, and sights that assault her senses, and the country-born gnome clearly wants to see it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
"My friends, I know we are here pursuing a quest, and that's no joke. But... The road has been long, and I am famished. And as I mentioned, my family lives right here in the Free City. I haven't seen them for a year. I'll be happy to introduce you, and to invite y'all for dinner!"
In her daze, the gnome almost fails to detect her companion's speech, but turning from her (somewhat awkward) stare at the flamboyant garb of a passing dandy, the gnome grins broadly at Marzena. "Well, I wouldn't say 'no' to a nice sit-down meal, not after the days of trudging through the countryside! The world won't end quite that quick, will it?" With a twinkle in her eye, the gnome looks to the Heironeans, and seeing their approval only widens her smile!

"I can't wait to meet them! And they'll want to hear everything that happened! Well..." she trails off slightly, "maybe not everything. We can leave out the messier bits. Can't have them worrying about you, even in as good a company as us!" The gnome giggles noisily to herself, before her attention finds itself caught up in yet another of the endless passing fascinations of the busy city streets.