The unexpected family gathering is a happy one indeed, inspiring a myriad of emotions from both Marzena's family and her new colleagues. It's clear that most of Marzena's family expected her to retire from the army to a quieter life, but they are proud of her service and glad to welcome her companions into the extended family. As for the adventurers, they find the joy of family brings up memories of their own families and all of the mixed feeling such a reunion does. Frederick remembers his family, some of whom lay buried in Diamond Lake, their bodies recovered by his own efforts. Olofire wonders what his relatives would think of his discoveries and the changes they inspire in him. Jan's memories of family are generally happy, though the many things she has seen make her wonder how Grossetgrottel is doing and if they are staying safe from the threats of Kyuss worms. Lydia finds herself distracted a bit but also inspired - families like this are who she defends.

As the night winds down and the families with younger children excuse themselves Marzena's mother brings out her own set of harrow cards and gestures for Marzena to do the same. They take some time, letting the cards fall and the magic of fate flow through them both. "You face dangers...brave allies help...seek knowledge - it will guide you...guard your mind...do not trust your eyes...shifting faces...worms...Kyuss..." The stream of dark portents flows from both women as their voices speak in unison, though clarity continues to elude them both. When done Marzena's mother explains that in most ways her daughter has surpassed her in skill and power with the harrow cards. She's proud of Marzena and glad she is home.

"But you're not safe, not for a long time still. You mentioned going to see Eligos for help...I think that is wise, he's well respected. Near his home is an inn, the 'Crooked House.' You cannot miss it - there's not a square angle in the place. I think you should stay there while in Greyhawk. We don't have the rooms for all of you and the inn is nearer to the places you will go.

Your father and I love you - keep making us proud.
"

After saying their goodbyes, the party makes their way down the streets of Greyhawk towards the Crooked House. They find the larger streets well lit and still somewhat busy, despite the late hour. Side streets grow dark, but it seems the Free City only rests, not sleeps. Following Marzena's mother's directions they find the Crooked House easily enough in the Foreign Quarter. It's a larger building in a neighborhood called the "Midnight's Muddle" and just off tilt. All the walls are at odd angles and none of the windows or doors are quite square. Despite its unusual construction it appears to be in good repair, freshly painted and clean.

Spoiler: Image (Map) of the Crooked House
Show

Spoiler: Knowledge (Engineering) DC 10
Show
It appears that at some point in the last decade the building's foundation began to fail. Rather than abandoning it, work was done to take advantage of the situation and create an unusual and charming inn. Nothing looks unsafe, but you doubt there are any level floors in the place.

Walking inside the party finds a lively taproom full of locals and guests alike, Decorated with humerous trophies - primarily owlbear heads - the tables have uneven legs so that the table tops are level. The staircase leading upstairs looks treacherous, and there is a pair of musicians playing a lively jig on a small stage in one corner. "Greetings! Newcomers, eh? Can I get you something to drink or a room?" calls a high-pitched male voice from behind the bar. Looking over the party sees a smiling male gnome with a rag in one hand and a clean, glass mug in the other. "I'm Tarquin," he introduces himself as they approach. "This here's the 'Crooked House,' my pride and joy. You all look tired...my rooms are all singles, we have ones for both the big folk and little...though few are as tall as you, Sir Knight," he says, gesturing to Frederick with an impressed expression. "Six silver nobles per night, breakfast is included. I guarantee the rooms are clean, and we can arrange for stables for any mounts you may have for the same price..."