1. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Age of Worms - The Hall of Harsh Reflections

Jan quite thoroughly enjoys the evening with Marzena's family, joking with the adults, entertaining the children with her talent for illusion, and generally giving free reign to her outgoing and gregarious personality. After enjoying more of the ham (and wine) than one might expect, given her stature, the gnome finally lapses into comparative quietude to watch the battle-mage and her mother with focus and delight as they consult the cards for insight into the future. The gnome seems wholly out of her depth in either following the process or in interpreting the results, but she seems not to mind, in her state of mild inebriation.

After bidding the family a farewell every bit as fond as though they had been lifelong friends, Jan saunters out into the evening, yawning as they seek out shelter for the night at the Crooked House.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Greetings! Newcomers, eh? Can I get you something to drink or a room?" calls a high-pitched male voice from behind the bar. Looking over the party sees a smiling male gnome with a rag in one hand and a clean, glass mug in the other. "I'm Tarquin," he introduces himself as they approach. "This here's the 'Crooked House,' my pride and joy. You all look tired...my rooms are all singles, we have ones for both the big folk and little...though few are as tall as you, Sir Knight," he says, gesturing to Frederick with an impressed expression. "Six silver nobles per night, breakfast is included. I guarantee the rooms are clean, and we can arrange for stables for any mounts you may have for the same price..."
    Jan grins broadly at the fellow gnome. "I, for one, 've had plenty to drink!" she chortles, "But a room our size'd fit the bill for me!" Navigating the crowded taproom surprisingly well, the sorceress approaches the bar, scrambling up onto a seat to address the owner. "What a delightful place you have, here! Why, with all these off-kilter angles, might there even be secret doors, or passages? Hidden chambers with delights, or even horrors untold?" Jan grins excitedly at the fellow gnome, displaying her twinkling eyes and dimpled cheeks to devastating effect!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Diplomacy check to improve attitude: [roll]1d20+12 19, rolled OOC
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2021-01-17 at 05:03 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms