Joel tells you "I wouldn't recommend getting too elaborate with baiting him. The Lower Ward is a rough place, and a bit of violence here won't likely attract immediate attention. Given that you'd think the fiends would just attack everyone, but their leaders won't stand for a bloodbath as they don't want to attract the Lady's attention. But it would take large scale violence to do that, or a dabus being involved. Best if you can catch the axeman indoors of course, then no one need see anything.

What worries me more is getting the dark out of him. Threats and torture may work in bard's tales, but in truth they almost always yield only lies. He risked his life to kill me so he's committed to his barmy ideas no doubt. See if you can find another approach.

I hate to split up, but you are right Avakuss, it's best if I stay in the shielded room while you guys deal with the axeman. If he does know their location, we can't risk letting them know that we're on to him. By the way, scrying can work across planes, but it's more difficult to pull off, or in other words easier to resist."