Quote Originally Posted by Sol0botmate View Post
If my players were like suddenly "listen, we don't want to track Encumbrance because it's boring", I would say fine. Because Encumbrance being there or not have almost no impact on crucial things in game. It's not serious decision like Spell Points vs Slots, which absolutely impact every aspect of a game.

You have different approach to it than me obviously. But aks yourself this question: if you will say to them "no, you must follow Encumbrance" and they will still won't do it, will you end whole campaign and group over Encumbrance? Is there only one solution here- yours or theirs? Can't there be a compromise? [B]I get they agreed on those rules - but it's not uncommon you start campaign with some rules (official or homebrew) and THEY JUST DON'T CLICK after some time, either because they cause trobules, are unbalanced or players don't like it or everybody thought it will be fun but it turns out it's not. I once allowed Spell Points and we agreed to switch it back to slots in the middle of game because it just didn't work well for game.
You make a good argument, but remember this is one player out of 6. This isn't the entire group dissenting; 4 players want to use the rules. 1 doesn't. 1 doesn't mind either way.

If in your spell points scenario, one player desperately wanted to use spell points instead of spell slots and had secretly continued to use them despite everyone agreeing not to, how would you respond?