1. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What race would you add to Core this edition or the next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    they're red skin and horns. any less demonic and they're just a human. I think you'll have just to accept your not the target audience. furthermore, they don't frighten peasants, the sidebar the corebook uses is "distrust". different connotations. people can work with others they distrust, they just won't be showing themselves as vulnerable around them.
    3e tieflings, at least in the MM, usually just had one fiendish trait, still obvious but much less "you're playing a demon" and much closer to "you're playing half (or quarter, eighth etc.) demon spawn". It's an important distinction that I'd like to come back at least a little. I'm not saying they all have to be like that, I like the more devilish look as an option, but I just feel like they're really same-y right now. Plus, I feel like the designs in 4e, which the 5e look is based on, were so obviously fiendish for a reason. Weren't they descendants of a demon worshipping empire in Nentir Vale? Makes a lot more sense to be more demonic since their ancestors probably were too. But 5e tieflings often don't follow that example. Also, I wish fewer tieflings had tails
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-01-27 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand