For my part, I'm actually looking forward to the remaster. I've enjoyed all three games (including ME3, which was 95% beautiful, though the ending was really so game-breakingly bad that I have to mentally recast the Citadel DLC as the actual ending). I am also quite happy to hear that they're not adding anything to the games, because (if the Enhanced Editions have taught me anything) the seams between two decades of writing and design philosophy are painfully difficult to ignore. ME1 is getting a full upgrade with better interface and updated models/textures? That is excellent. If ME1 were on par with 2 and 3 gameplay-wise, it may well prove to be the best of the three simply by virtue of being a self-contained story that doesn't have to fight with the discontinuities the sequels introduced. Having the gun models actually function differently (as they did in 2 & 3) is a delightful addition as well. ME2 & 3 won't change much, but they'll be a bit prettier, so that's cool. And it sounds like the only DLC we're not getting in the mix is Pinnacle Station, which was not by their choice and frankly was pretty lackluster, so I won't be crying about that. They're also apparently not doing the multiplayer malarkey, so it doesn't strike me as such a naked cash grab. I mean, it almost certainly is one, but at least it retains some dignity, and I'm blatantly nostalgic enough to accept that.

A new Mass Effect game, however? Nope. Not excited at all. Andromeda had its moments, but was ultimately half decent, half bland. Just mentioning Anthem alone should be enough to demonstrate my dwindling faith in their ability to produce new content. Could it work? Maybe. Maybe the Anthem debacle was enough to shock their system and pull their heads out of whatever dark craters they'd been lodged in for quite some time. Maybe they now have something to prove and will do so by producing quality content and compelling stories instead of live service monetization and tell-don't-show narrative. Maybe they can even shake the stench of EA's production-line dogma. Not really expecting it, though. I only have any hope for the Legendary Edition because they're actively claiming they won't be adding any content, just updating systems and graphics. I wouldn't trust them with that even if they were going to rewrite the ending of ME3. No, I haven't forgiven them for that. Why do you ask?

It's quite frustrating, really. Every company I once thought capable of producing reliable quality has found ways of disproving that notion in epic fashion. I would absolutely love for one, even just one, of them to redeem themselves. I'll be rooting for Bioware to be the first, but I won't be preordering ME5.