Quote Originally Posted by DaFlipp View Post
Do we know if killing every Spark is still Othar's plan? It was a pretty legitimate twist when that was first revealed (the silly, hammy, over-the-top hero's "quest" turning out to be a grand act of murder-suicide), but I feel like the last time it was even mentioned was in Othar's first non-airship appearance, when he basically said "Oh nevermind, I won't murder you because you're a Heterodyne and therefore a hero" (which, the more we find out about the family before the Heterodyne Boys, the less logical that declaration seems... not that Othar is burdened with an excess of logic).
Othar suffers more than much of the cast from being a case of Early Installment Weirdness. He makes sense in the storyline in which he was a key player, and less so the more we find out about the world. Too bad, because I really like the character. To be fair, every time they use him, they make him more of a Worf (supposed tough guy that gets defeated every time he tries to battle, supposedly nearly-invincible guy who Agatha has to save nearly every time, etc.) character. Perhaps not using him is the best way to preserve him.