Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
I don't think so. As mentioned, bat and dust are probably the strongest, but the differences are not that massive to warrant a different LA in my opinion. You will almost always find holes to infiltrate what you want big enough even for rats, and even if they don't have much for them, even the weakest swarms have a bit to sell, the rats have scent and a climb speed, the parts have a weird fear ability, even the leeches have tremorsense which can be good in some situation, and is definitely the best in an aquatic campaign. But the major point is that the gist of the template (infinite healing, nigh-immunity to weapon damage, immunity to any single target effect) remains the same, and you become quite invincible with just evasion on top of that. I don't think we should make several LA when "you can become a swarm" remains the same.
Yes but I don't think the highest should be the automatic guideline for that, especially since the other options aren't horrible. Maybe aim for somewhere in the middle or average.