View Single Post

Thread: Loot mechanics

1. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Loot mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Six hours of "processing" seems like a lot. Besides identification, what does this processing involve, and which parts of it take the longest?

If it's primarily identification, one way to streamline that would be to pre-roll those skills for each item when initially generating the loot. You can probably streamline this with a spreadsheet.

So for example, instead of a back-and-forth for each item, you can just say:
    "Here are the items you were able to identify" *document with info already listed*
    "And there were some you couldn't: a silver dagger with draconic inscriptions, a clay bowl which glows faintly, and a large rusted helmet."

Also, this is assuming that item-identification and having sometimes-unknown items is fun for you and the group. If not, then just skip the entire thing and give people the full info.
    Oh wow. I misread this. I was thinking it was taking him 6 hours to run though treasure processing for his creatures using loot generators. As in "what they get here, and when they shoild get blah."

If it's "you get x." and they spend a bunch of time looking up x, arguing about who x shpuld go to etc, that's a whole different beast.

I would say, if it REALLY becomes an issue, just give it all in monetary value.
    Last edited by Calthropstu; 2021-09-08 at 07:23 PM.