Spoiler: Dead of Winter plan
Show
To fit with the zombie theme/scavenging to survive that is part of most zombie shows, everyone is a vanilla townie/mafia member.

The Discussion Phase (Day) goes like normal - vote to lynch, public reveal and all of that. Everyone individually chooses the location that they want to go to during the next Phase.

The Scavenge Phase (Night) has players visiting other locations to scavenge for supplies/powers. Players at the same location during the Night Phase have a private chat that they can use only during that Night (so, the people who are together can talk). They also must agree on how to use the corresponding power.

For example: Snowblaze, Avatar Vecna, and Xihirli all go to the Hospital (Bane/Doc power). During the Night they can talk and must agree (by majority) on how to use the power (who gets healed).

The possible locations would be:
The Colony - You spend time helping survivors at the colony. Any player here will get the support of another survivor and will have two votes during the next Day Phase.
Police Station - You spend time searching the local police station for guns. Everyone at the Police station must agree on one player to kill or agree not to use the kill.
Grocery Store - You spend time searching for supplies. During the next Night phase, your vote for the Night action counts double.
School - You spend time searching the school for information. Everyone at the School must agree on one player to investigate. All players here will see whether the target is Town or Mafia. Only one of School/Library will be investigation.
Library - You spend time searching for books. Each Night, the power here will be random. It will include the abilities from the other locations, plus others.
Hospital - You spend time searching hospital for medical supplies. Everyone at the Hospital must agree on one player to protect during this Phase.
Gas Station - You spend time searching the gas station for fuel. Everyone at the Gas Station must agree on one location to watch. All players here will see all players who were at the selected location.

I like that idea Book - I was going to have one location double the power of another for the next Night, but that might be too much. I think I'm fairly settled on these rules for now, unless someone sees a problem with them. So with that, my next game will be Dead of Winter Mafia.