1. - Top - End - #500
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I like the idea and the rules you have set up. Just some questions:

The colony and store effect all players who go there instead of selecting one, right?

Can the Library (randomly) be investigation? Will the players at the lib select a target by vote? Will there be one power per night or one power per night per player?

In general, how are ties resolved?
    Oh, wow, I think I made an edit for the ruleset that just never saved. Updated below. One important note is that I changed the Library to be the extra vote (with the logic that you're going to the library to study and have more knowledge for the next Day) and the Grocery Store is now the random ability.

Spoiler: Dead of Winter plan
    Show
    To fit with the zombie theme/scavenging to survive that is part of most zombie shows, everyone is a vanilla townie/mafia member.

The Discussion Phase (Day) goes like normal - vote to lynch, public reveal and all of that. During the Day, you individually choose which location you would like to go to in the next Phase: Colony, Police Station, Grocery Store, School, Library, Hospital, Gas Station. If you do not make a selection, you will go to the Colony by default.

The Scavenge Phase (Night) has players visiting other locations to scavenge for supplies/powers. Players at the same location during the Night Phase have a private chat that they can use only during that Night (so, the people who are together can talk). They also must agree on how to use the corresponding power.

For example: Snowblaze, Avatar Vecna, and Xihirli all go to the Hospital (Bane/Doc power). During the Night they can talk and must agree (by majority) on how to use the power (who gets healed).

The possible locations would be:
    The Colony - You spend time helping survivors at the colony. Any player here will get the support of another survivor and will have two votes during the next Day Phase.
    Police Station - You spend time searching the local police station for guns. Everyone at the Police station must agree on one player to kill or agree not to use the kill.
    Grocery Store - You spend time searching for supplies. Each Night, the power here will be random. It will include the abilities from the other locations, plus others.
    School - You spend time searching the school for information. Everyone at the School must agree on one player to investigate. All players here will see whether the target is Town or Mafia. Only one of School/Library will be investigation.
    Library - You spend time searching for books. During the next Night phase, your vote for the Night action counts double.
    Hospital - You spend time searching hospital for medical supplies. Everyone at the Hospital must agree on one player to protect during this Phase.
    Gas Station - You spend time searching the gas station for fuel. Everyone at the Gas Station must agree on one location to watch. All players here will see all players who were at the selected location.

Yes, all players at the Colony/Library will get the double vote power for the corresponding section.

The Store (previously Library) will function like the other locations: the group decides how the single use of the power goes. So, I will randomly roll to see what the power is for that location (which could be a protection, investigation, killing, other things). All players there must agree on who to use the power on.

Haven't thought too much about ties - will likely be random in the case of a tie.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-10-12 at 11:54 AM.