Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Exalted has the sort of lore that by rights should be making me just shaking my head, like Kill Six Billion Demons, but it's juuust restrained enough that I'm totally fine with it. It's a very fine line between "high octane ridiculousness" and "so ridiculous that it just stops being interesting" and some series just, dance across that razor's edge. Maybe this is a personal failing of mine, but it's one that I cannot ever really get past.
I live for high octane ridiculousness. one needs to at times contrast it with slower more sedate moments for it to properly have weight and meaning, but its what I love.

@ Rater: ahahahahahahahaa.....

tell that to the Exalted fans who go read things like Debt: The First 5000 Years or talk extensively the sociology/anthropology of Blessed Isle and the various cultures of the Threshold. In my experience, the people who know about Exalted in general rpg community but aren't fans of it think its all Dawn Caste kung fu ridiculousness, but my experiences with the actual Exalted community that discusses Exalted as often as people discuss DnD on this forum, is much more all about the Eclipse Caste/Zenith side of things and taking the politics and cultures of Creation seriously. there are even people who houserule to get rid of oversized artifact weapons which is saddening to me.