Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
played more FF14, got Pugilist to Monk and made good progress on my Rogue. Monk seems to be this rotational combo-centric fast attack kind of class that feels good to just beat everything up with. Rogue on the other hand felt real repetitive early on and is kind of weird? most of its class features are things with long cooldowns and only useful in certain situations, with only three bread and butter abilities that I use consistently, the throwing dagger ability shows its use in dungeons but I can't properly assess the usefulness of stealth and trick attack until I play more solo where I can really make use of stealthing around at slow movement and doing a sneak attack, and between black mage, monk and rogue, monks seems the most fun to me so far? though I have yet to try arcanist, archer or marauder.
Take my advice, pick monk and a healer or tank of your choice for the main story and focus on the story. Most classes are really weird or bad on low levels because the balancing is at 90.

Also some classes have an excellent levelling experience (Marauder/Warrior, Pugilist/Monk are two of them) and some are extremely wonky (Arcanist/Summoner is kinda weird, because they have to lock off the cool summons due to story reasons, Rogue/Ninja is a broken mess below 50).

If you want a cool caster, you can try Red Mage once you reach Lv 50. It is a fun and unique caster and once you get a hang of it, the basic rotation stays the same, but becomes cooler with more flashy finishers.