1. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: DnD 3.5 rework. Pt.2 (continuation/answer to "Problematic and slow mechanics of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    "Resistence tests
    The target have a resistence of 10, plus the attribute and resistence score of the class(es).
    The attacker uses a d20 plus modifiers to see if he overcome the resistence."

Please elaborate. What's this about?

About "BAB" giving bonuses to hit‚ well‚ it's your call. If you want to revamp the AC system for monster‚ then sure‚ you might not want to give a to-hit bonus. If you want to keep a lot of the 3.5 resource‚ then you absolutely need a way to increase your to-hit bonus.

How will ability damage change to accomodate your new way of calculation? Will you keep the spells about the same? Are you giving more or less HP than the official average? "A single attack" is a respectable goal‚ but how do you change everything that gives more attacks? Haste‚ TWF‚ Flurry of blows... And especially natural attacks. Do you plan on changing all monster statblocks?
    "Resistance tests"
    I may have used the wrong term. I meant to say saving throws (will, ref, fort).
    I just want to move the dice roll from the defender to the attacker. It reduce the number of dices rolled when it is an area effect.

"BAB"
    The hit bonus is something I am still thinking how to compensate. But yes, this rework would requere a whole balancing on creatures.

For the last question. I actually was thinking about a whole new system based on 3.5. A lot of things would have to change, and it would require a remake to every monster.
    For the HP, at moment, the average of the current class HP would make it.
    Certain mult attacks (for exemple, dragon wings and tails) would still exist, but mult attacks wouldn't be as prevalent as they are right now. Also, with static damage, it is way easier to make the whole attack.
    Hast and flurry of blows how be substituted by damage multiplication. Those multipiers would only apply to the first attack. The multipliers from BAB and haste would still require a full attack? Not sure about it.
    Last edited by Jonjonjon4; 2023-03-16 at 07:14 AM.