1. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a way to save / download old threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Recently discovered that the OOC threads for an old play-by-post RP i was a part of a few years back have been deleted, the original thread creator hasn't been online in years, so I'm assuming it was a site cleanup.

Just in case the IC threads are up next on the chopping block, or if the forum goes down for whatever reason, is there any simple way i could download or otherwise save the contents of the thread to a word document, PDF, or something similar?

It's rare for past games to be preserved in their entirety, wouldn't mind holding onto that, just in case i want to revisit it again years down the line.
    Two options that I am aware of:
    1) Thread Tools->Show printable version. Downside: spoilers won't expand
    2) Grab it from the archive (see this recent thread where I went into the details). Downside: it breaks quotes.

Alternatively, you can just print the website page to pdf, which should retain both spoilers and quotes, but has to be done one page at a time.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2024-06-05 at 10:45 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est