View Single Post

Thread: D&D Orbital Strike

1. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: D&D Orbital Strike

You still have to hit what you're going after, and if you actually want to create something that's going to fall for 100 km, you're going to miss. Period. Your character has no reason to account for the rotation of [game world], and even if it's bloody Discworld I'm willing to bet your character never hit anything 100km away.

If any character really wants to try, he'd better roll at least three consecutive nat-20s. Otherwise, the DM decides where it falls. Assuming a non-level-20 wizard, any HQ of any law-upholding organization (and/or wizards' guild) should do nicely. That'll teach him to try to kill catgirls next time.

Oh, and dropping stuff from orbit? You'll need a nice quantum computer for that to account for everything. And to answer the eventual claim that "it's magic", let me respond with "Show me a spell that has 'can hit targets over 100 miles away with <any sort of> precision' and I'll show you a spell that's not allowed in my campaign."

//Edit1: Yes, I'm sort of a B.A.Felton in deciding what goes and what doesn't, can't you tell? ;)
    Last edited by Renx; 2007-05-18 at 05:56 PM.