Trog Update:

Continuing where I left off of posting observation while under therapy for depression in the hopes that this will help some reader.

I missed a day of medicine. Don't. Ever. Do this. I was honestly in VERY bad shape. However I WAS able to (eventually) remember that I did not take my meds and I was then on the lookout for negative conclusion jumping. And was pretty good and spotting it if I remained vigilant.

I have come to notice that my medication, while working, was steadily having less and less effect on me. Eventually it seemed to really fade and I started to fall back into some of the same thinking modes. A good lesson from this is that I am not yet prepared to be off of meds. So I switched. Actually today is my first day on the new stuff. All in all it seems okay so far but time will tell. Hopefully it will be much less disruptive than the last medication (which had the following side effects: tremors and shakes esp. if taken with too much caffeine, restless sleep, and delayed gratification... er... after a while you begin to... er... chafe )

So there you go. I was on it for months before I could accurately assess that the drug was not doing its job. I have been told that it is rare to get the correct medication for you for depression right out of the gate. Everyone's body chemistry is a little different so experimentation may be needed. See your physician, don't try this at home, etc., etc.