View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #460 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #460 - The Discussion Thread

Eeeexcellent. Miko once again demonstrates her personal patented style of insanity.

After Miko's fall, her first act when she had some alone time was to kneel and pray. I had hoped--hoped--that the shock of Falling had driven home to her that she is not the will and perception of the gods incarnate, that she can and does mess up, quite frequently, and that she must humble herself a bit if she wishes to serve the will of the gods.

I had hoped.

And the first thing she does is, "hey, lookit me, I can do stuff again! Clearly this means the gods are telling me that the first thing I thought of and want to do is, in fact, their will! Woohoo!" Erg.

This reminds me of an 8-bit theater comic. Fighter is under delusions that the random slaughter the Light Warriors do is noble so long as they act according to the will and good of the people at large; another Light Warrior (Red Mage, I believe) asked what would happen if they themselves were the representatives of the people necessary to interpret the will and needs of the people. Fighter responds that their actions would, obviously, justify themselves.

Miko's gotten to the point where she sees herself as basically the servant of the gods, the only servant of the gods, and interprets her will as theirs. Everything she does or perceives automatically justifies itself to her. That she still does this after being handed indisputable proof that the gods do not approve of her actions scares me more than anything that has happened recently in this comic. This shakes me worse than the slaughter of the Sapphire Guard and the fall of Azure City. I hope that something will knock some humility into her and the megalomania out soon, or bad things will happen wherever Miko goes. Maybe Soon will have a chance to verbally rip into her in the throne room. Whatever it is, I just hope it happens.
    Last edited by Netherwood; 2007-06-05 at 02:55 AM.
    Y'know those online alignment tests? I've taken those. I've gotten every non-Evil result. Multiple times. So from here on out, my alignment is Bipolar Apathetic!