Quote Originally Posted by Poppatomus View Post
I like it, well done I think. The caltrop is a suprisingly underused item, given its niche.

Might I also humbly submit this feat, from the cinema feat thread.

Shoot the Glass
Req: Precise shot or Sunder

You are able to destroy objects in order to impede movement. Any time you destroy an object of small size or larger you may choose to do so in such a way that that its shards fill the square it occupies. That square is treated as though it had caltrops distributed therein.
Quote Originally Posted by Callix View Post
I like this a lot. Poisoned caltrops are just perfect for getting PCs to look where they put their feet. May I suggest additional rules:
Caltrops and Charging.
A creature that fails to notice caltrops and is struck by one while charging immediately stops, and must make a reflex save (DC = 10 + 1/5ft speed) or fall prone.

Caltrops and Tripping.
If a creature falls prone in an area covered in caltrops, they immediately suffer attacks from 1d4 caltrops, against which they cannot apply their dexterity bonus to AC. The caltrops geyt a +1 bonus to the attack roll from the creature's velocity. These attacks do not affect the target's speed. Any slippery effect, such as a Grease spell, imposes a -5 penalty to all caltrop attacks in the area.
I like it