Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
I would say, actually, no. Druids are not clerics, and they do not necessarily worship nature the way a cleric worships a god or embraces an ideal. A druid may simply believe in the natural order--they just feel that it is the way things are. Loving it, worshipping it, and so on would be inappropriate, since those are human concepts, and nature is not human (or even anthromorphized, the way clerical deities and ideals are.)

In fact, I can see a druid clashing with a cleric of a Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil nature god (or even a 'cleric of nature'), arguing that their deities and their concept of 'idealized nature' do not reflect the true natural order and are, in fact, perversions of it.

Nature doesn't care if you worship or love it or not. A druid understands nature, and accepts nature, and has a sort of enlightened harmony with it... but they don't really worship it the way clerics worship their deities or ideals.
the above quote is kind of the way I was looking at it.

My theory of nature is thus.
Nothing you can do to the earth can hurt it. The earth does not care. A lifeless pile of rock is the same as a rain forest to the earth, and both exist with out the interference of man. Pure nature. Frozen waste, teeming coral reefs, lifeless ocean floors where no man has ever been totally devoid of life.

A hurricane (such as Katerina) will kill hundreds and not be called evil. it just is. A volcano can bury an entire city entombing thousands. Is the volcano
evil? Should it be worshiped?

Should an oak tree be worshiped? Lightning storms are a force of nature and do not worship the forest, or trees, or animals. the storm simply burns down the entire forest and all the oak trees until it runs out of heat and fuel. Is the lightning evil? Is the fire evil for destroying a hundred thousand oaks? is man
evil for cutting down a hundred thousand oaks? Does the earth care?