Quote Originally Posted by technophile View Post
No, but you do have to worry about finding the one you want.

If there are 50 arrows in your quiver, each with a different spell, how do you find the one you want? Did you label them? If so, are you going to stop in combat and flip through your quiver trying to find the right arrow?

As a DM, I might rule that finding a specific arrow from your quiver takes longer than merely grabbing any arrow, limiting you to one shot a round or possibly less. That would balance ammo pretty easily; sure you have a stored spell for every occasion, but you're going to need a couple rounds' preparation time before you can use it.

(I know this isn't RAW, but it seems an entirely sensible houserule.)
Actually, my dm ruled the same thing but...

Quiver of Ehlonna: This appears to be a typical arrow container capable of holding about twenty arrows. It has three distinct portions, each with a nondimensional space allowing it to store far more than would normally be possible. The first and smallest one can contain up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow. The second slightly longer compartment holds up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin. The third and longest portion of the case contains as many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like). Once the owner has filled it, the quiver can produce any item she wishes, as if from a regular quiver or scabbard. The quiver weighs the same no matter what’s placed inside it.

Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, secret chest; Price 1,800 gp;Weight 2 lb.
w00t