1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie [Vestiges]

The multiverse is home to many strange and alien creatures, but it is perhaps the most terrible and inhuman of these that are known to scholars of the occult and forbidden as the Outer Gods, the Great Olds Ones, the most alien and horrible aspects of reality. Though some men, half-mad fools of cultists, worship them as gods, this is not the truth. They are best described as Cosmic Horrors, the ultimate evils born of the multiverse itself. They care little for men, though some, such as the Crawling Chaos, Nyarlathotep, take an interest in the mortal races. However, some cultists and scholars of occult have devised rituals and rites for contacting these Great Old Ones, and tapping their power. Although they are not like vestiges, trapped between worlds, they exist partially within the same dimension vestiges do, allowing binders and users of pact magic to tap their strength. Forbidden passages in ancient tomes such as the Necronomicon, the Book of Eibon, and Unaussprechlichen Kulten discuss the methods for binding the power of the Great Old Ones, and dire warnings of the consequences for taking them lightly. For, although the Old Ones are willing to allow mortals some of their power, it is never without dire consequences.

Other threads in this series include:
    In His House At R'lyeh
    The Stars Are Right
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-01-10 at 02:40 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.