this idea came to me when i was sitting in physics the other day, reading about elastic energy potential.

editing points:

want to add something to the caster's bullrush attempt, since many of his targets will get size modifiers, etc, and some of them will have spiffy feats. i had thought about adding +1 to his roll for every 5 ranks in knowledge (arcane) or (engineering) or something, but there is not really any precedent for that in other spells.

level was originally 7, with 10'/level between targets, but then i realized that this would allow 20d6 damage at 20th level, and 40d6 damage if the one target was launched at the other, which was ridiculous. so i am contemplating a damage cap. if i remember right, falling damage has a cap anyway, so i *might* use that. i am open to suggestions.

i liked the bullrush mechanic, but it still seems like there should be an initial reflex save to avoid getting grabbed in the first place. however, then it is unbalanced in favor of the targets. so i decided to leave it out. if anyone likes the idea of putting an initial reflex save in there, let me know what i could do to make it more evil for those who fail. i thought maybe give them a penalty to resist the bullrush of -1 for each point that they failed their save by, or something.

and lastly, at the moment, i am not sure if there is already a mechanic for bullrushing a building, tree, statue, boulder, etc. but i figure that there should be. if not, off the top of my head, the object would get size modifiers, then bonuses depending on its stability, AND then bonuses dependent if it is rootde to the ground, like a large tree or building, as opposed to just sitting there, like a wagon, giant boulder, or something else.

have at it. thanks, aaron out.