Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
Nifty. Official WotC guidelines would probably insist on giving it an LA.. (OMG NATURAL ARMOR! LA LA LA!elevens)

The Monstrous Humanoid HD would be replaced by a class level for most characters, wouldn't it? Are the specifics of it just included for completeness?
No, actually. That only happens with Humanoids, not Monstrous Humanoids.

The Ice caste's Natural Inclination appears a little odd. It would benefit Wilders, but assuming one goes with the favored (and mechanically superior) class of Psion, they'll be using Intelligence as the casting stat anyway. Seems like something of a wasted feature.
Yeah, I was thinking about making it for "any psionic class" rather than just the Charisma manifesters, but I thought that might be a bit strong.

Well, if you insist. Small Powerful Build?!? What's with that??
Well, they're ants...

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
Good and Balanced but no Sky caste?
Sky, Star, and Storm castes are for the Dant-caste, which are like these guys but winged. I'm working on them next.

Quote Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I take it these are not the Many that had me running through fleshy corridors hacking at synaptic nodes to open up sphincters so that I can get blasted at by floating psionic weapons?

Not the Many that possessed a semi-intelligent AI in order to fight, and lose against, a very intelligent and megalomaniacal AI that had originally created them as a doomsday device against humanity?

Not the Many that– *slap* Oh, right.

So these are, like, elemental formians?
No, not that "The Many". But similar. They're essentially a gigantic hivemind of antlike creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
Cool. I love insects and insect-like things. I can't wait to see the other castes. If you weren't planning on making them, too bad. Get to it!

It's always difficult, I think, to make something with a hive mind appropriate for a PC. I take it that just the more individual ones will be used for PCs?
Yeah. The more "dependent" castes (like the worker-caste Caud) will come with a template that will make them aware and thereby more suitable for PCs. Of course, this will lessen their dependency upon the hivemind and therefore weaken their links to it.
Quote Originally Posted by TK-Squared View Post
You may want to change the Hunter link to http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48591 instead of linking to "The Rogue".

Thanks. Fixed.