Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
WHAT? NINE THOUSAND? THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT!

Anyway, I do like this system.

It's something I was trying to work out with a friend - if you were inside the D&Dverse, could you work out from experimentation the constants and rulesets? eg. that there are precisely 5 levels of aerial maneuverability, and that everything seems to happen in six second 'episodes'.
this would be a rough science, see that a will o' wisp and a griffin fly differently, then see how many things fly differently, maybe someone sees a gold wyrm dragon, compare

again the normal human and elf wizards and scientists woudn't have much more than a rough idea of catagories based on observation and study, not some super defined clear cut chart (the mindflayers live IN SPACE, and have a more clear cut chart, used to make spacecraft and plan progectiles)

most commoners can tell you that will o wisps can fly better than a bird(provided that thay've seen one)

anyone think that my aligned energy is too close too star wars (there will be instances were paladins and blackguards have to work together, mostly high ranking members of the military, particularly in the areas so harsh that they need to co operate((but still argue)) to survive and not be run over by the empire.)