Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
One level of Cragtop Archer doesn't really do much for you; it helps your Spot checks at that distance, and not much else. You need three levels before you start increasing your range, ideally four.
It also drops Range Increment-penalties to half, which means you'll actually be able to reliably hit at a distance, not just shoot (and of course, knowing what you're shooting at helps, so the Spot-check penalty isn't bad either).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
Warblade and Swordsage are iffy great for archers; no strike can be made with a ranged weapon, with the exception of Time Stands Still, and not many boosts apply to them either; the two you mentioned, plus a few Shadow Hand boosts like Cloak of Deception, are about it. You'd have to rely on that plus counters. At anything other than the higher levels, you really don't have anything offensive, though I guess you could make do with feats until then. Decent, but a ranger using the Spell Compendium can probably do about as well.
Dancing Mongoose can be attained level 9-11 and at those levels tends to be a superb addition to a volley. Before that, I suppose you're better off playing in melee with your strikes or being just a Fighter-archer with defensive maneuvers (saving throws, Sudden Leap, Counter Charge, Wall of Blades (you do have an Elvencraft Bow, after all), etc.). Of course, they get much better once Time Stands Still becomes available. But yea, they're pretty interesting to play; I can attest to that having played one, and they'll really shine later on.