Quote Originally Posted by Bandededed View Post
Actually, there is quite a difference between someone swinging something at you (even if you haven't seen it before) and someone who knows how to move your arm to keep you completely immobile, but I see your point.

Thanks to everyone who argued with me. No, seriously. If I really want this change to work I'm going to need to change more than one thing, and I might just end up throwing the concept out after it gets too complicated, but hey, I'm on break. It's not like I have anything else to do.
Good to hear! I agree the system could still be tweaked, and I look forward to seeing your contribution on those fronts. It seems the current complaint is mostly "not enough sheer training difference between fighters who specialize and fighters who don't", with a secondary complaint that "it's kind of a clunky system". I suppose I might suggest a tertiary complaint of "it's too easy to initiate one, but not powerful enough once you're in it".

....I still think the lack of ways to boost your melee attack bonus is the bigger flaw though. ;)