1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Dread Crown, for Fiendish Martial Adepts [Discipline]

Dread Crown Discipline

The Dread Crown maneuver is based on the fighting styles of the two greatest warriors of all fiendkind, the swordsman and arch-devil Levistus, and the Dark Prince of the Abyss, Grazízt. The style arose from a duel between the two, in the ancient past of the Blood War. The battle between them went on for ages, and by the end, each one had mastered almost every technique from the otherís fighting style. Their duel was finally ended when they were attacked by a vanguard of planetars and solars, seeking to take advantage of their duel to kill an arch-devil and a demon prince. As they noticed the celestials, Levistus and Grazízt looked each other in the eye, and shared a grin. They then effortlessly dispatched the angels, using the new techniques they had learned from each other. Though devils and demons are always loathe to cooperate wit each other, Levistus and Grazízt decided to temporarily suspend that and teach a handful of select mortals this fighting style, which they deemed the Dread Crown, so that it might further the goals of all evil. The Coinís Edge disciplineís associated skill is Intimidate. The associated weapons of the Dread Crown discipline are the bastard sword, battleaxe, claw, falchion, greatsword, and scythe.

Because the Dread Crown discipline was taught only to a select few champions of evil, most martial adepts do not know any maneuvers from it, or even know it exists. Only Crusaders and Warblades of evil alignment can learn maneuvers from the Dread Crown discipline. There are two ways to master the discipline. The first is to have been trained in it. If you choose to make a martial adept that has already been trained in the Dread Crown discipline at character creation, you simply replace one discipline that adept could normally learn maneuvers from with the Dread Crown discipline.

The other way is to seek out a master of the Dread Crown disciplineĖa martial adept capable of using at least 5th-level maneuvers from the discipline. You must train for a month under the master and spend 1,000 xp at the end of your training. You gain the ability to learn maneuvers from the Dread Crown discipline. In addition, you may exchange your maneuvers known for maneuvers of the Dread Crown discipline. You may exchange one maneuver of each level, and the new maneuvers you learn must be of the same level as the exchanged maneuvers, unlike normal. The difficulty of finding an appropriate mentor is left to the DM to choose.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-12-31 at 06:32 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.