Quote Originally Posted by Kizara View Post
As for the knowledge thing, see where I addressed this above. I would just be repeating myself.
I see why you chose Knowledge (history), but not why you didn't choose Knowledge (nature). Just curious, I'd think nature knowledge would be more easily acquired.

The idea is to give it to the more melee-oriented classes. Basically if it has full BAB and at least 8 HD I give it the resistance. Also, I have feats that allow one to enhance this ability. I also discuss this earlier in the thread.
I guess I failed to be clear...I was wondering if you'd considered the possibility of simply making it an ability of all creatures, and making everything else SR related a bonus to it. I imagine anyone could do well to resist the spells of lower-level casters. (It'd make for a nice universal SR system too; everything has SR equal to its HD, the full-BAB classes get a +2 bonus, everyone qualifies for whatever boosting feat, etc. etc.)

Meh, I'll probably just change both to be more reasonable. Nonetheless I hate it being used as a disposable reasource.
Oh, I understand that; but on the other hand accidents happen even if you take care. And given that you're retaining the AC/Str/Dex/HD bonuses (even though slowed), you're obviously still expecting the animal companion to participate in combat, which puts it at risk. I don't imagine you want druids to send their animal companions off to hide whenever combat comes.

I hear you. I just lumped the skills together, see my skill changes thread.
Where is it? Perhaps I'm blind, but I looked through the last seven pages of the homebrew forum and didn't see such a thread.

What the hell? How did that manage to happen? I'll edit in the ranger. Thanks for the catch.
Ahh. Well, only comment I have is: Gather Information, Knowledge (local), and Sense Motive are usually more city-oriented skills; not really well suited for a wilderness type (and indeed, the urban ranger variant gets those in lieu of some wilderness-oriented skills). Any particular reason those have been added?