1. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Codename: Swampgas, Like Frostburn, but with Swamps

So here's the psionic version of Mud Mail and another power/spell that I love the idea of but doesn't seem to have translated well to crunch form, input appreciated.

Mud Mail, Psionic
    Metacreativity or Psychometabolism(I'm not sure which)
    Level: Egoist or Shaper 2
    Display: Visual and Matierial
    Manifesting time: 1 standard action
    Range:Touch
    Target: Creature touched
    Power Points: 3

This power functions as Mud Mail except as noted above.
    Augment: For every 3 additional power points you spend, the natural armor bonus improves by one.

(Cookie if you know where the inspiration for this is from)
    Tar Baby
    Metacreativity (Conjuration?)
    Level: Shaper 6, Bard 5
    Display: Visual, Matierial and Olfactory
    Manifesting/Casitng Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
    Duration: 1 round/level?
    Saving Throw: See text
    Power/Spell Resistance: No
    Power Points: 7

By manifesting this power you create a duplicate of yourself from surrounding mud, peat and other such substances, called a "Tar Baby". The tar baby appears to be you and has mundane versions of all your equipment although a DC 20 spot check notices that something is "off". The tar baby is treated as an animated object with your size and mobility an 1/2 your max hp. It can attack any target you indicate with any weapons it posesses or simply stand still. Redirecting it is a standard action. The tar baby has DR 10/- and an attack bonus of your manifester or caster level plus your spellcasting ability modifier.(Intelligence for psions, charisma for bards.) In addition, whenever a creature strikes the tar baby in melee, they must make a reflex save to avoid their weapon becoming stuck in the tar baby. Stuck weapons can only be freed by ending the effect. If a creature using a natural weapon is trapped in such a matter, the creature is treated as grappled while the tar baby suffers no penalties. The tar baby's grapple bonus is equal to your manifester or caster level plus your spellcasting ability modifier plus any relevant size modifiers.
    Augment: For every additional power point you spend, the tar baby either gains 5 extra hp or a +1 on grapple checks. For every additional 10hp or +2 to grapple, the tar baby's DR and the reflex save DC increase by one.

The second will need a massive re-write I'm sure there's the rough draft.
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2008-06-22 at 09:31 AM.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.