Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
I think how you were exposed would have an influence on perceptions of teamwork in D&D 3e. I haven't played 4e so my perceptions are based on what people on the boards say (ex. it's good, but limited). But that's alright, people agreeing on a system is kinda like having a group of people agree to a set of pizza toppings on one pizza. =^_^= So yeah, it's all a matter of opinion like you said.

My personal opinion is that teamwork is more largely based on how the players interact rather then the system itself.
HOW DARE YOU!!!! THIS IS THE INTARWEB!!! Of course my opinion is my opinion, but by default, when expressed here, it is far more important and correct than your paltry, pathetic reasoning skills!

Yes, teamwork is often a function of the players more than the system. My point, though, was that they system of 3.x rewards "lone wolf" highly individualist modes of character creation and play with no reward for teamwork (except a few minor bonuses) while AD&D and OD&D systems virtually enforced the teamwork aspect by making each PC reliant on his comrades for success.

It's a function of different mentalities and zeitgeists. Back when D&D was first loosed upon an unsuspecting world, people were, simply put, more social, more group oriented. Now, people are far more individual, less concerned with the group as they are with themselves. They don't call it "the Me Generation" for nothing you know.