One of my favorite characters that I have played is in a Rifts campaign I am currently running. I am playing a dragon hatchling with some nice powers (definitely more powerful than most of the other characters), but since I prefer ROLEplaying over ROLLplaying, the GM allowed the character. Basically, dragon hatchlings are large creatures with some fun abilities, but with the mental maturity of a 5-7 year old kid...ooh look, a penny! So he is easily distracted, overconfident with his abilities, enjoys exploring and discovering new things, and just having fun. This in and of itself I would consider to be a fun character, but then we gave the character an even more fun backstory. Long story short...to tie the dragon into the group, we said that it got a mental connection with the dying memories of an older member of the group. So basically, he now has a second set of memories residing in the same body. The problem is that the other set of memories are of a 12-14 year old girl (the sister of the old dying character), who was attacked/assaulted by the people of the town they were growing up in. So I have a character who has a split personality. One side is an immature boy who loves "playing" and exploring and thinks they are fun, and the other side is a socially/mentally stunted girl who attributes "playing" with pain and suffering. All wrapped up in the body of a young dragon. It is twisted, provides many great ROLEplaying opportunities, and is a definite departure from any other characters I have ever played.