Quote Originally Posted by PePe_QuiCoSE View Post
If you can play the card (Evan's Tentacles) at any time, i see the point: you can use it to help other player with range 0 shticks deal with flying monsters.
Yes, I believe that's the case here.

Though, i interpret that shticks are only used on your turn unless stated otherwise (like shticks that prevent wounds).
Shticks are used whenever they say they can be used. Wound-preventing shticks would typically be useful on your own turn, but could be useful on someone else's turn - say, for a multi-target trap, or for a battle where you assisted, the other player lost, and someone played There's No "I" in Team.

There are some printing mistakes - Roy's Party Leader Veto and Haley's Second in Command are to be used only at the start of their own turns. But those are explicitly mentioned in the FAQ. If the rules or the card don't say it's limited to your own turn, and if there hasn't been a correction adding that limitation, then there is no limitation.

Then the Buff spell of V looks such a waste. I mean, the only purpose of this shtick is to extra assist a player just because you feel so.
Well, you use Buff Spell while assisting. Since you're assisting, loot can change hands. So you might demand some extra Drool Factors' worth of loot for the use of Buff Spell. Or you might use it to outbid another potential assister - if Roy can get assistance from either Durkon or V, and V's offering to Buff, then V's more likely to get to assist (and thus get some loot, even if it's just one Drool Factor). Or you could just be magnanimous - since V has to rest relatively often, it certainly doesn't hurt to earn some goodwill.