1. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: I spy, with my little eye... [Base Class, 3.5, PEACH]

I really like the concept overall but I think it unrealistic to give it no combat powers at all.

It has the worst BAB. I think you could give it Thieves weapon proficiencies and a reduced nonproficiency penalty at 3rd level. The logic would be that they don't typically carry weapons but must learn to use what they can find.

Spies are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Spies are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.
    After they have some sort of weapons standing players can use their level feats to develop fighting if they wish. No backstab, poor Bab - these are still not a powerhouse by any means. I like the class though.

Sigurd

Also a suggestion... (I don't know if this will work"

Spies are Made not Born: Many spies are carefully trained by the organizations or countries that employ them. This intense background allows a character to exchange 'Spy' with their standard preferred class. This option may only be taken in a characters very first level. If a player has previous levels in any other class they do not gain this option.
    A spy's relationship with his\her patron(s) is very important. Players and DMs should work together to create the aims and objectives of this organization, its contacts, and its secrets.
    Last edited by sigurd; 2008-08-30 at 01:09 AM.
    Logo by Serpentine