View Single Post

Thread: Limbo 4.0 (3.5, PEACH) [COMPLETE]

  1. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    afroakuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Limbo 4.0: New Slaadi (3.5, PEACH)

    Slaadish (True Slaad)

    {table=head]|Lesser Slaadish|Slaadish|Greater Slaadish
    |Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)|Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)|Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)|
    HD|6d8+18 (51 hp)|9d8+27 (76 hp)|12d8+48 (114 hp)|
    Init:|+2|+1|+2|
    AC|18; touch 12; flat-footed 16 (+6 natural, +2 Dex)|20; touch 10; flat-footed 19 (+10 natural, +1 Dex, -1 size)|25; touch 11; flat-footed 23 (+14 natural, +2 Dex, -1 size)|
    BAB/Grp|+6/+9|+9/+17|+12/+21|
    Attack|Claw +9 melee (1d6+3)|Claw +12 melee (2d6+4)|Claw +15 melee (2d6+5)|
    Full-Attack| 2 claws +9 melee (2d6+3) and bite +7 melee (1d8+1)|2 claws +12 melee (2d6+4) and bite +10 melee (2d8+2)|4 claws +15 melee (2d6+5) and bite +13 melee (2d8+2)|
    Space/Reach|5 ft. / 5 ft.|10 ft. / 10 ft.|10 ft. / 10 ft.|
    Special Qualities|Slaad traits, chaotic variances, SR 16, fast healing 5, DR 5/lawful|Slaad traits, chaotic variances, SR 20, fast healing 5, DR 10/lawful|Slaad traits, chaotic variances, SR 25, fast healing 10, DR 15/lawful|
    Saves|Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +5|Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +7|Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +11|
    Abilities|Str 16, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 9|Str 18, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 11|Str 22, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 15|
    Skills|63 skill points|96 skill points|135 skill points|
    Feats|Multiattack, two additional feats|Multiattack, three additional feats and one bonus feat|Multiattack, four additional feats and two bonus feats|
    Challenge Rating|~7|~11|~15|
    [/table]

    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Special Attacks Summon slaad, spell-like abilities
    Environment Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo
    Organization Solitary
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Always chaotic neutral
    Advancement -
    Level Adjustment -

    True slaadi are the ultimate exemplars of chaos. While the slaad race as a whole is suffused with chaos, their forms are ultimately ordered due to the Anathema.

    Many slaadish look somewhat similar to their lesser cousins; however, there is no pattern to their coloration or general shape. Some slaadish look more humanoid, others vaguely cephalopoid, and some are simply incomparable to any other being.

    To design a slaadish, roll once on the Gender, Dominant Color and Paragon Chaotic Variations tables. Then add other Chaotic Variations as follows:

    Lesser Slaadish: 2 minor variations, 1 medium variation

    Slaadish: 3 minor variations, 2 medium variations, 1 major variation

    Greater Slaadish: 4 minor variations, 3 medium variations, 2 major variations

    Consider adjusting a slaadish's CR based on the variations rolled.

    Summon Slaad (Sp) Once per day, a lesser slaadish may summon a red slaad with a 60% chance of success. A slaadish may instead summon a blue or green slaad (60% chance) and a greater slaadish may instead summon a pink, purple or gray slaad (40% chance of success).

    Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)
    Lesser slaadish: At will - chaos hammer, color spray, detect magic, disguise self, invisibility, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, see invisibility. 3/day - dispel law. 1/day - fireball, polymorph, true seeing. Caster level 5th, save DCs Charisma-based.

    Slaadish: At will - chaos hammer, color spray, detect magic, dispel magic, identify, invisibility, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, nondetection, see invisibility, shatter, shocking grasp. 3/day - confusion, dispel law, shout. 1/day - prismatic spray, true seeing, word of chaos. Caster level 10th, save DCs Charisma-based.

    Greater slaadish: At will - chaos hammer, color spray, detect magic, dispel magic, fly, freedom of movement, identify, invisibility, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, see invisibility, shatter, shocking grasp. 3/day - bull's strength, confusion, dispel law, word of chaos. 1/day - cloak of chaos, finger of death, power word stun, prismatic spray, true seeing. Caster level 15th, save DCs Charisma-based.

    Table: Paragon Chaotic Variance (d20)
    {table=head]Roll|Result|Property

    1
    |
    No Change
    ||
    2
    |
    Filamented
    |+4 Dex and immune to piercing damage due to being formed of clusters of long, stringlike muscle|
    3
    |
    Brittle
    |-4 Con and -4 natural armor due to being comprised of a flaky, silicate material. Immunity to slashing damage|
    4
    |
    Pyrocorporeal
    |Fire subtype, attacks deal +1d8 fire damage due to overall body composition being colored flames|
    5
    |
    Cryocorporeal
    |Cold subtype, attacks deal +1d8 cold damage due to body self-coating in frost and ice crystals|
    6
    |
    Electrocorporeal
    |Electric immunity, attacks deal +1d6 electric damage due to body being partially kinetic energy|
    7
    |
    Multipedal
    |Two less claw attacks, bite becomes primary attack and base land speed +20 ft. Moves using more than two limbs|
    8
    |
    Polypus
    |Two tentacles melee (2d6+Str bonus) Has 2d4+4 tentacles instead of legs|
    9
    |
    Wings
    |Fly 60 ft. (average) using 1d4 squamous jointed wings|
    10
    |
    Quasireal
    |Incorporeal subtype|
    11
    |
    Tauric
    |Base land speed +20 ft. due to two extra legs. Gains Pounce and Rake (1d6 + 1/2 Str bonus). Can select feats and take actions as though mounted|
    12
    |
    Chiropteroid
    |Two less claw attacks, Fly 40 ft. (good) and Flyby Attack as a bonus feat|
    13
    |
    Cephalovampiroid
    |One mouth tentacle -4 penalty melee (1d4+Dex + energy drain), 1 negative level, DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha bonus. Weapon Finesse (mouth tentacle) as a bonus feat.
    14
    |
    Necroid
    |Is treated as though having Undead traits in addition to its outsider and slaad traits, except where they would conflict. Has little to no flesh; skeleton is clearly exposed in many places|
    15
    |
    Geloid
    |Is treated as having Ooze traits excepting Mindless; if the slaad has eyes, it also does not have the Blind trait. Gains Engulf special ability. Resembles a colored gelatinous cube with pseudopoid limbs and random organs|
    16
    |
    Dracoid
    |Apply the Half-Dragon template, retaining the Outsider type|
    17
    |
    Neochaotic
    |Roll 1d4 additional minor Chaotic Variations|
    18
    |
    Mesochaotic
    |Roll 1d4 additional minor Chaotic Variations and 2 additional medium Chaotic Variations|
    19
    |
    Archaeochaotic
    |Roll 1d4 additional minor Chaotic Variations, 1d4 additional medium Chaotic Variations and 2 additional major Chaotic Variations|
    20
    |
    Fractal
    |Immune to critical hits and flanking. Creatures within 30' observing the slaad must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Int bonus) or be confused as the spell cast by a 20th level sorcerer. Can use Scintillating pattern three times per day as a full-round supernatural ability centered on the slaad, as the spell cast by a 20th level sorcerer. A creature viewing the slaad with true seeing is immediately feebleminded (no save.) Resembles a prismatic rotating multiplexed helix shape, forever iterating into impossibly small patterns. Has discernible limbs, head and mouth
    [/table]
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-07 at 08:14 PM.