View Single Post

Thread: Limbo 4.0 (3.5, PEACH) [COMPLETE]

  1. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    afroakuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Limbo 4.0: New Slaadi (3.5, PEACH)

    Azure Slaad
    Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
    HD 18d8+108 (189 hp)
    Speed 60 ft. (12 squares); swim 60 ft.
    Init: +9
    AC 30; touch 14; flat-footed 25 (+16 natural, +5 Dex, -1 size)
    BAB +18; Grp +29
    Attack Claw +26 melee (3d6+9, 19-20/x2) or azure aura +21 melee touch (1d10+4 cold and 1d10+4 electric)
    Full-Attack 4 claws +26 melee (3d6+9, 19-20/x2) and bite +24 melee (2d8+4) or azure aura +21 melee touch (1d10+4 cold and 1d10+4 electric) and 2 claws +24 melee (3d6+9, 19-20/x2) or 2 azure auras +21 melee touch (3d8+4 cold and 3d8+4 electric)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
    Special Attacks Breath weapon, azure aura, ice wave, summon slaad, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities Change shape, fire immunity, surf, slaad traits, SR 28, fast healing 15, DR 15/lawful
    Saves Fort +17 Ref +18 Will +15
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 21, Con 22, Int 15, Wis 18, Cha 18
    Skills Bluff +25, Climb +28, Intimidate +25, Jump +28, Knowledge (the planes) +23, Listen +25, Search +23, Sense Motive +25, Spot +25, Tumble +26
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge (B), Improved Critical (claw), Improved Overrun, Improved Initiative (B), Improved Natural Attack (claw), Lightning Reflexes (B), Mobility (B), Multiattack, Power Attack, Spring Attack
    Environment Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 19
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Always chaotic neutral
    Advancement 19-29 HD (Large); 30-50 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment -

    Azure slaadi are among the most powerful base slaadi in existence. They are freewheeling souls in search of entertainment, with a serious need for speed.

    A typical azure slaad stands 10' tall. They are built athletically, with a sleek aesthetic that includes aerodynamic fins on the elbows, shoulders and kneecaps. Less chitinous than many of their brethren, they display only slight cornification and have very fine scales. An azure slaad is overall a light blue color, running to electric blue, cerulean and standard blue in spots. A few random patches of scales will show the azure slaad's previous coloration. These are usually just random splotches, but can be as regular as stripes. An azure slaad often leaves a slight, tingling chill in the air.

    Combat
    Azure slaadi use their surfing abilities to rush around the battlefield. They use aura attacks when necessary, and rarely see the need to employ their spell-like abilities.

    Breath Weapon (Su) Three times per day, an azure slaad may unleash its breath weapon as a standard action. This breath is a 30' cone of chilling gas, dealing 8d6 cold damage and paralyzing those caught in the gas for 2d4 rounds. A successful Reflex save (DC 26) halves the damage and slows affected creatures for 1d4 rounds instead. A creature paralyzed by the chilling gas takes an additional 1d6 cold damage each round until the paralysis wears off or is removed.

    Azure Aura (Su) An azure slaadi is shrouded in a thin coruscating aura of electric blue light. As a standard attack, it may extend this aura to strike all adjacent foes with a melee touch attack, dealing 1d10+4 cold and 1d10+4 electric damage. Alternately, as a full attack, the slaad can focus two waves of its aura and target them at one or two foes. Each concentrated wave deals 3d8+4 electric and 3d8+4 cold damage to the creature it strikes. The attack rolls and strength of the aura are Charisma-based.

    Surf (Ex) An azure slaad can open glands in its legs that leak a frigid, slippery fluid. This liquid has two properties: firstly, it acts as a grease spell lasting two rounds on any square the azure slaad moves through, except that the Balance DC is 15. Secondly, it allows the azure slaad to "surf" on it. Double the slaad's movement speed, and apply a +4 bonus to bull rush, charge and overrun checks. While surfing, an azure slaad may only move in 10 ft. increments. Initiating or terminating a surf is a swift action.

    Ice Wave (Ex) An azure slaad with at least 10' of movement remaining may veer sharply to one side, opening supercooling glands on its legs as it does so. The resulting splash of icy grease cuts forward in a 10' line, dealing 6d6 cold damage to creatures caught within. Alternately, the slaad may spray the two squares parallel to the turn. Creatures caught in the wave may make a Reflex save (DC 24) for half damage.

    Summon Slaad (Sp) Once per day an azure slaad may attempt to summon a yellow or orange slaad with a 40% chance of success, or 1-2 red, blue or green slaadi with a 60% chance of success.

    Change Shape (Su) An azure can assume any Medium or Large humanoid form as a standard action. This prevents the use of its natural weapons, but it may arm itself with appropriate weapons and armor. An azure slaad remains in one form until it chooses to change to another, but reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals the slaad's true form.

    Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) At will - chaos hammer, color spray, cone of cold, deeper darkness, detect magic, dispel magic, fly, freedom of movement, haste, identify, invisibility, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, see invisibility, shatter, shocking grasp, solid fog, wind wall. 3/day - confusion, dispel law, word of chaos. 1/day - chain lightning, cloak of chaos, power word stun, true seeing. Caster level 16th, save DCs Charisma-based.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2008-10-13 at 01:16 AM.