View Single Post

Thread: Limbo 4.0 (3.5, PEACH) [COMPLETE]

  1. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    afroakuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Limbo 4.0: New Slaadi (3.5, PEACH)

    Indigo Slaad
    Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
    HD 18d8+54 (135 hp)
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Init: +13
    AC 36; touch 24; flat-footed 27 (+12 natural, +9 Dex, +5 deflection)
    BAB +18; Grp +25
    Attack Claw +29 melee (2d6+6 + 3d6+3 acid and cursed wound) or stab +30 melee (1d10+6 and energy drain and cursed wound, 17-20/x2)
    Full-Attack 2 claws +29 melee (2d6+6 + 3d6+3 acid and cursed wound) or 2 stabs +30 melee (1d10+6 and energy drain and cursed wound, 17-20/x2)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks Cursed wound, caustic stain, sword arms, energy drain, summon slaad, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities Change shape, vortex body, slaad traits, SR 32, fast healing 15, DR 20/lawful
    Saves Fort +14 Ref +20 Will +17
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 29, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 23, Cha 26
    Skills Bluff +29, Climb +25, Diplomacy +29, Hide +30, Intimidate +29, Jump +25, Knowledge (the planes) +26, Listen +27, Move Silently +30, Search +26, Sense Motive +27, Spot +27, Tumble +30
    Feats Cleave (B), Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge (B), Improved Critical (sword arm), Improved Initiative, Mobility (B), Great Cleave (B), Quicken Spell-Like Ability (spell turning), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (grapple), Weapon Focus (sword arm)
    Environment Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 21
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Always chaotic neutral
    Advancement 19-29 HD (Large); 30-50 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment -

    Indigo slaadi are possibly the most intimidating of the baser slaadi. Only a death slaad gives more pause. Despite their meager stature, indigo slaadi command an array of powers that astound their lesser brethren.

    An indigo slaad stands 5'6" tall. Its overall coloration is of a deep blue that never seems to veer into purple. Indigo slaadi bear solid golden claws on their hands, and their eyes are similarly metallic. Less primal-looking than other great slaadi, they show no pronounced chitin or cornification, although a close examination reveals very fine scales.

    Indigo slaadi are the personification of chaos as a primal void. They are dispassionite, selfish and can consume anything. That said, they are usually very moderate, do not join together to form factions and leave "rulership" to lesser slaadi. They also enjoy testing their mettles against death slaadi who have acquired great training.

    Combat
    Indigo slaadi prefer and opening salvo of acid-filled wounds. They will switch to sword arms only to rejuvenate and to drain the enemy. Often, they will deliberately close to melee, knowing that they can suck creatures and weapons through the planar borders.

    Caustic Stain (Ex) An indigo slaad can suppress or resume its corrosive secretions as a free action. These deal acid damage to creatures struck by a claw attack.

    Cursed Wound (Su) The damage an indigo slaad deals doesn’t heal naturally and resists healing spells. A character attempting to cast a conjuration (healing) spell on a creature damaged by an indigo slaad must succeed on a DC 30 caster level check, or the spell has no effect on the injured character.

    Energy Drain (Su) A hit from an indigo slaad's sword arm imparts two negative levels. Each negative level imparted grants the indigo slaad 5 temporary hit points.

    Sword Arms (Ex) As a move action, an indigo slaad may reshape its arms into strong, slender blades. The narrow cores of these blades contain entropic vessels that drain life energy.

    Vortex Body (Su) An indigo slaad has a deep connection to the multiverse; sometimes it becomes a deep connection to the multiverse. When struck with a weapon, the indigo may make a Sunder attempt as a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If successful, that weapon is plane shifted. While grappling, an indigo slaad may make an extra grapple check as a standard action. On a success, the victim must make a Will save (DC 23) or be sucked into the indigo's body and plane shifted.

    Summon Slaad (Sp) Once per day an indigo slaad may attempt to summon one azure, yellow or orange slaad with a 40% chance of success, one pink, purple or gray slaad with a 60% chance of success, or 2-4 red, blue or green slaadi with a 60% chance of success.

    Change Shape (Su) An indigo can assume any Medium or Small humanoid form as a standard action. This prevents the use of its natural weapons, but it may arm itself with appropriate weapons and armor. An indigo slaad remains in one form until it chooses to change to another, but reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals the slaad's true form.

    Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) At will - baleful polymorph, chaos hammer, color spray, deeper darkness, detect magic, dimension door, dispel magic, fear, fireball, fly, freedom of movement, greater dispelling, haste, identify, invisibility, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, mirror image, see invisibility, shatter. 3/day - cloak of chaos, confusion, dispel law, enervation, polar ray, Quickened spell turning, word of chaos. 1/day - power word blind, power word kill, power word stun, shapechange, true seeing. Caster level 18th, save DCs Charisma-based.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2009-01-15 at 11:19 PM.