View Single Post

Thread: 4E Does what Nintendon't (Race, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Default Re: 4E Does what Nintendon't (Race, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarthPFC View Post
    Echidnas

Ability Scores: +2 to any one
    I see them as a +2 Str/Dex race myself.
    Size: Small
    Medium works better.

Born Fighters: Echidnas treat their fists and feet as weapons that they are proficient with, with a proficiency bonus equal to their strength or dexterity modifier. Once this is chosen, it cannot be changed. These unarmed attacks also count as weapons for the sake of powers.
    That is magnificently broken. +2 is the average, +3 is better than average. Choose one.

Their unarmed attacks also deal extra damage by this table.
    1d6 (Heroic)
    1d8 (Paragon)
    1d10 (Epic)
    lolwut. The WotC's quick and dirty ghetto Monk conversion doesn't even do this.

Unarmed Fighter
    Prerequisite:[/B] Echidna, Wis or Cha 13
    Benefit: When fighting with your fists and feet alone, unfettered by armor (even cloth) and shields, you may add your will defense stat (Cha or Wis mod) as well as your reflex defense stat (Dex or Int Mod) to AC.
    This is disturbingly broken. DISTURBINGLY.

Finesse Combat
    Prerequisite:
    Echidna, Dex 13
    Benefit: You can treat your fists and powers (only when using your fists with powers that have the weapon descriptor) as attacks that use dex as the attack stat.
    ....I don't get this at all.

Suspicion
    Prerequisite: Echidna
    Benefit: Echidnas are prepared for the worst. Echidnas granting combat advantage do not give a bonus to hit and sneak attacks made against them deal one less damage per die rolled (of sneak attack damage).
    lolwut. The sneak attack part is kinda unnessecary, since I think you meant any extra die of damage greanted by Cmbat Advantage. But still, broken. Actually, not that broken, but still pretty OP.

And that's my two cents.
    Last edited by KKL; 2008-10-24 at 10:23 PM.