1. - Top - End - #55

Default Re: The Introduction of magic into a D&D Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    *shrug*

I don't like active deities so I mostly take an Eberron approach. They are generally accepted to exist but they don't interfere. Divine magic exists but whether it is actually granted by the gods or not isn't confirmed one way or the other.
    They just seem do to don't interefere. You think it's a coincidence no NPC in Eberron has even reacehd 9th level spells yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    And in regards to someone previous comment about eberron not having reached tippyverse level or having high level NPC's. I refer you to Xen'Drix and the dragons. The gian't society certainly seems to qualify and it lasted until they did something stupid and an even more powerful force interceded (the dragons who as great wryms are some of the most powerful casters in the game). It's quite possible that the dragons saw the whole Xen'drix experiment as a failure and decided that letting any of the other nations reach a similar power level is a bad idea so they quietly remove those who become a potential threat.
    Precisely. There's always a bigger fish waiting to crush your emerging Tippypiverse. Aka every mage who reaches 17th level spellcasting gets a not so friendly visit from a bunch of wyrms/gods/abominations from other realms and is magically bound to never try to create tippy town or suffer a messy death.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-12-01 at 04:22 PM.