1. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Just Who The Hell Do You Think We Are!? [Discipline]

Awesome discipline, as usual. This is my first time posting, but I've read through all of the disciplines you made (this was when I went on a discipline crave after reading ToB. Too bad my DM dislikes ToB in general...).
    Anyways, I have just one tiny gripe about the lvl 4 Maneuver, Risky Gambit. It says you provoke an AoO from an opponent every time you attack them after initiating the maneuver, but in D&D aren't you restricted to one and only one AoO against a single target (with Combat Reflexes you get more, but only 1 against a single target)? I may be wrong, but in the event that I'm not, maybe you could change the wording to:
    "Every foe (since you might be hitting more than one guy with your full attack) gets to make an AoO against you for every one of your melee attacks targeted at them. Even if they do not possess the ability to make multiple AoOs in a round, they may make multiple AoOs against you. All of these AoOs count as 1 AoO from their total made this round."

Hmm, still seems a bit clunky to me, but I think I covered all my bases with this one. Ah and while you're at it, making the small change to the text from "1d6 + 1/level" to "1d6 + 1/initiator level" makes the discipline sound more professional.

I support the idea of compiling all your stuff into a book. It would be a waste not to.

Edit: Agh, more stuff to write about. In the text of Oath of the unfailing commander, there is a phrase that reads:
    "However, your enemies cannot attack any ally adjacent to you, and take a -5 penalty on any attacks rolls made against your enemies."
    I believe the word "enemies" at the end is a typo. Maybe you meant "your allies"? If so, you should add in a range at which this is effective.
    Last edited by Pramxnim; 2009-01-02 at 05:49 AM.