Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
"Grand cost"?

Not so much with low enhancement wands. Remember, a +2 wand costs 1/25 what a +4 wand does (etc), and still grants Sleep at-will with 60 charges. That's all of 30 gp per casting.

Oooh, and since it's under leveled, the DC 16 is trivial. Lack of normal implement function makes this hurt even less.

That's the real problem here, below normal level daily spam, and huge variety in low level powers (This isn't an option normally, because Proficiency is too important). Flames of Phlegethos is still better than any warlock at will by level 21, and guess what? It's also a mere 1800 for 30 charges of 3d8 (higher average than Hellish rebuke, say, or Eldritch blast, and at a very low cost, along with an Effect)

Actually, I'm not quite sure this is a problem, but I have a hunch that if you check it, it results in a significant power increase, even if we disregard Sleep.

Oh, also, swordmage reliable powers? What do those do?
1. Look at the Lullaby Weapon - It can essentially let you cast sleep on one enemy once per day, FOREVER, without charges. Also of note, your accuracy with your At-Will Sleep Spam is going to be the pits - unless you're already a Wizard, your Intelligence will not be great. Your Enhancement will also be sub-par, which makes a very very big difference at higher levels. Also of note is that the minimum enhancement for an At-Will Sleep Wand is +3, and that would make it only 30 Charges. I am still developing a formula for Wand Level, but I think this would be unfeasible on any non-wizard character.
All that being said, I might make not damaging attack-spells a no-go. Not sure though.

2. I'd have to look at the Warlock entry in the PHB to do all the comparisons. I will eventually, but I don't think it is too much of an issue.

3. I don't think (again, I will check) that there are any Swordmage attacks with the Reliable keyword that are not Weapon attacks.