View Single Post

Thread: Flight From Ironheart IC

1. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Flight From Ironheart IC

~Tare

The street thief shrugged, nonplussed. Though he didn't doubt that Limier could make good on his promise, it just wasn't scary anymore. Before, when he had known nothing about the hooded killer, the threat had been unpredictable and dangerous; now though, with Limier quite adeptly assuring beyond whisper of doubt that he was, in coldest fact, not a maniac prone to doing things because he liked to, it became just a simple exercise in not poking the assassin with any of the full gamut of figurative 'pointed sticks' trying to get a response. Tare wasn't the type that was afraid of heights just because he might fall. You're not a monster. He thought indifferently, picking his way around after the assassin. You're nothing so glamorous. You're just a tool with no soul. The knife feels nothing as it plunges into a defenseless elven woman's belly, neither do you feel anything when you put it there. A monster is to be feared. I do not fear you, Limier. His face as neutral as ever, he settled into one spot, examining the walls. You may 'like' me, but you've given me reason for only the opposite. I did not provoke those continued threats of violence, and neither were they necessary, or even helpful to you. In fact until that moment I'd conveniently forgotten that if we ever reach the end of all this you're going to have to do something about me, the perfect little loose end like your profession just loves leaving alive.

You are not going to use me and then throw me aside, Limier.
    He sighed.

"So tell me, right around the time the elves and I... left, there was some pretty bizarre stuff happening... For one this hag showed up and started eating people, I think that was its cabin back there. I remember feeling a really... weird... ..." He struggled for words, "...Heartbeat, I guess. Something. And that seemed to start all the rest of it off... What was that all about?" He frowned, more memories of demons and troubling senses of evil coming back without explanations to settle them back down.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-01-30 at 07:44 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.