View Single Post

Thread: good Equipment

1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: good Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    No, not in accordance to Magic Item Compendium. Common abilities (stat, AC & save buffs) can be added for standard price at the right body slots.

To OP: Anyways, why the Monk's Belt? Do you have high Wisdom or something? It's pretty much useless if you wear armor and I'd say you definitely want a Celestial Armor of Nimbleness & Ghost Ward on you (if possible, also making the Fly permanent). Another armor ability of interest is "Soulfire" from Book of Exalted Deeds; effectively a permanent Death Ward.

Some source of Haste would definitely be called for. Also, something that grants you standard short range Teleportation (to get by Force-effects, natural obstacles, the like); Bolt Shirt seems decent although getting it further enchanted for 3-4 uses per day would be exceedingly helpful.

Greatreach Bracers seem exceedingly useful to you. They cost next to nothing and the ability to increase your reach tremendously makes your AoO abilities relevant. Adding "Bracers of Opportunity" would allow you to make AoOs even without Combat Reflexes. The composite item would cost mere 4300gp.

As far as your scimitars go, with your Crit Range, I suggest adding "Prismatic Burst"-property to them. It's fixed price so it doesn't cost too much and does nasty things on criticals (even to critical immune creatures). To that end, I'd also get two Scabbards of Keen Edges (you could also add the "Sacred Scabbard" [MiC] properties to it).

Other than that, Resistance-bonuses to saves and some solid Rings would be things to look for. And of course, rerolls (get one Luckblade without Wishes left; daily reroll and global Luck-bonus to saves is awesome - also, adding "Warning" and "Eager"-abilities to buff your saves can't hurt), stat buffs and such are still things to think about.

I'd also rework your feats a bit:
    -Switch Dodge for Expeditious Dodge [Races of the Wild]; thanks to your speed you can keep Expeditious Dodge always active and it specifically states it acts as "Dodge" for prerequisites.

-Just...cram Greater Two-Weapon Fighting in there somewhere.

-Mage Slayer is better standalone feat than Combat Reflexes; Combat Reflexes wants a bunch of other feats to truly be worthwhile.
    The feat dodge I cannot switch and Greater two weapon fighting I may change to take at 18th lvl instead of 21.

How would you make the flying ability on the celestial armor permanent. On that note as well I was under the impression you cannot change specific armor(s)/Weapon(s) from what they are like adding enchantments and the like. The source of haste I may add with the boots instead of agile leaping because I dont have ranks in balance . The luck blade thing I thought you had to wield the weapon to get the re-roll (which my DM may rule as such but when the time comes I will ask him). I will do the prismatic burst thing though but unfortunately it does not work on undead. also the bracers I will do but the price would be 5,300gp (2300 + 1.5x2000). The sacred scabards I forgot to list because I already plan to get 2. Unfortunately I am CN and cant use the sacred scabbards.
    Last edited by Os1ris09; 2009-03-11 at 02:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"
    Player: "I'm preparing Teleport twice each day."
    DM: "...and there goes the tension by the window"

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 14