View Single Post

Thread: Kerluddein (IC)

1. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kerluddein (IC)

Sylvia sizes up the situation as she lands, her spell components pouch readily accessible at her side, and offers some advice to the lady who's all wet.

"I might suggest getting inside the loop, madam, and getting your arms over and outside, so that the loop pulls on your shoulders and armpits - that way, your strength in this isn't the strength that matters... well, unless you're confident you can hang onto the rope with just your hands as you're pulled up, that is, but that's often as hard, if not harder, than simply climbing the rope in the first place. You might also see if you can get your feet into position to walk up the side of something while you're being pulled up - it's expected to reduce bruising that way. Meanwhile, if the young man will let me, I'll see about helping him pull you up."

Spoiler
    Show
    If accepted, Aid Another strength check; if she beats DC 10, that's a +2 to Larin's strength check. She will, of course, wait until the Librarian is actually in a spot such that this will help...
    (1d20-3)[1]
    Edit: Fortunately, there's no penalty for a failed aid another check, normally...
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2009-03-29 at 06:19 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.